Task
|
Completed
|
Your Personal Inventory
|
Done |
Pay it Forward – how you will pay it
forward in your project…
|
Done |
5 Stages of Service Learning as
applied to your project
|
Done |
Reflections (5-8 posts) on your site
visits
|
Done |
What is Empathy?
|
Done |
Overview of your Empathy project
(what will your story look at and why?)
|
Done |
My personal inventory:
Strengths:
- Playing sports
- Doing gardening
Weaknesses:
- Speaking(sometimes i'm too scared that I will mispronounce something)
- Sympathizing or empathizing with people.
Talents:
- I can make good HTML websites.
- Sometimes I make video games (but usually I make games only when I have to, because I have to learn much more about making game).
Skills:
- Playing tennis, volleyball, and basketball.
- Doing websites.
How will I pay it forward in my project?
I'm doing sports in Afrika Tikkun. We are playing all sorts of sports with kids. Each time when we come back we try to teach kids to play sports, and each time I think that they enjoy playing sports more and more. The way that we pay it forward is that we teach the to love sports and then they will most likely share that love for sports with other kids that don't go to Afrika Tikkun.
5 Stages:
Investigation:
Firstly I need to find out what is Afrika Tikkun about. I will go to their website and I will find out what I can do. After that I will choose the things that I think I could do well and i will do them. The things that I like to do are sports, but when we don't bring stuff for playing sports I will be doing gardening. I like gardening because when I go back to Serbia, I always help my mom and dad with gardening. And I like doing that too, it makes me relaxed. I choose Afrika Tikkun because they have the things that I like to do, and I can help them by doing this.
Planning/Preparation:
Playing sports doesn't really need much planning, you just go and play,but if you want to teach them to play better you would need to think little bit more. If we were to teach them, they might get bored, because some of the exercises in sports are just boring, I know that because I play sports a lot. So that's why we won't teach them t play sports, we will just play sports. While gardening I will help kids in Afrika Tikkun to get fresh vegetables, and I will help them to plant seeds and do everything around them that i need to do.
Action:
I go to Afrika Tikkun every tuesday, and I play sports almost everyday, and I can see that kids are enjoy playing sports. I also enjoy playing sports, playing sports makes my day perfect, when I play sports I block out everything that happened and I only play, and I also believe that kids also block out everything bad that happened to them that day. I do gardening when we don't have sports equipment. Yesterday I did gardening because we didn't have equipment. We were cleaning up the garden so it can be planted again. And I will do that until the garden is ready to be planted with seeds.
What's empathy:
Researched definition for empathy:
It's the ability to understand and share the feelings of another.

No comments:
Post a Comment